Monday, November 2, 2015

2 1/2 Weeks Left

Well, we have 2 1/12 weeks left until Miss Aria should be making her appearance.  I thought I would write down a few thoughts about this pregnancy that I could share with her someday.
  • I found out I was pregnant the week before Easter Sunday.  I had felt kind of sick and my chest was extra tender.  I decided that when I got out of school, I would go get a test from the Dollar General in Andover.  I just bought a cheapo test thinking it would be negative.  On the way home, I prayed that I would be pregnant even though the timing wasn't perfect, I really wanted to have another child.  I also prayed that God would bless me with a girl.  I got home to take the test and it was positive!  I was freaking out!  I called Sky and told her I was coming over so we could buy more tests.  We went to CVS and bought some expensive tests.  I took them at her house and it was still positive.  I decided to tell Quentin with a word scamble since we like to play Words with Friends.  I got some Easter Eggs and put the letters that spelled We are Pregnant in them.  When he got home from work, I had him open the letters and unscramble them.  His first response...you're picking now to tell me this, I have a migraine.  I didn't take that too well.  He had a hard time wrapping his head around becoming a father!
  • It made sense that I was pregnant because we had been on a cruise a few weeks before and I was so tired.  I had come down with the flu right before the cruise, so we thought that was what was wrong with me.  Turns out it was flu plus growing a tiny human!
  • When I was pregnant with Antonio I felt nauseous the whole first trimester, but only threw up once when I got a stomach bug.  Not with my lil Princess Aria.  I threw up several times a week at all times of the day.  Even in my office trashcan a few times and on the side of the highway when I was with my mom celebrating Mother's Day in Kansas City.  
  • Second trimester, I felt much better.  Good thing since we went on our Griswold Style Family Vacation to the West Coast AKA Aria's first Disney trip!
  • Third trimester has slowed me back down.  I'm tired all the time and try to sleep as much as I can.  I've missed several days of work because I feel awful.  It's really hard to keep working.  With Antonio I was off the last 6 weeks because it was summer time.
  • I've had pain in my left side, back, front by ribs for months.  It's hurting in the front and side as I write this.  For awhile I was putting a heating pad on it.  I try to just live with it though.  It's easier now that I know I'm on the tail end of having this pain. 
  • I feel like I've been short of breath for months.  When I go up the stairs, I have to sit down to catch my breath when I get to the top.  To think...last pregnancy I ran a marathon! 
  • I love feeling Aria move.  She's definitely very active!  I can watch her little elbow or foot drag clear across my belly.  Antonio, Quentin, and Halie have all gotten to feel her moving.  Antonio sometimes tries to do funny things to make her laugh and move.  He's so cute!  What a great big brother he's going to be!
  • Currently whenever I stand up, I feel like Aria is going to fall right out.  However the doctor said last week, that she's not that far down.  It sure feels like she is!
  • The students at school ask me everyday about having a baby in my tummy.  For the first couple weeks some of them just thought I had gotten fat!  Goofballs!
  • I'm running out of clothes to wear because Antonio was born in the summer.  The weather is cooling off and I don't have cool weather maternity clothes.  I'm living in sweats and Quentin's t-shirts.  
  • I bought an embroidery machine because I knew that with having a girl, I was going to spend a fortune on custom outfits.  Now I can make them myself!
  • At first our Princess was going to be named Abigail after a little girl from Antonio's kindergarten class he had a crush on.  Over the summer, I watched too much Pretty Little Liars on Netflix and fell in love with the name Aria.
  • The middle name is another story.  Quentin definitely wanted something from Star Wars.  He really wanted Skywalker, but I was not going to have her initials be A.S.S.  Vaida was in the running for awhile because it sounded like Vader.  I suggested Kenobi because I think it is cute and he agreed to it.  I really wish her middle name could be Renee like my mom's middle name or May for my maiden name.
  • I have so many things on my list to get done and only have 2 1/2 weeks to accomplish.  I want to sew a hospital gown for me and a matching gown for Aria, finish organizing the nursery, clean the basement, and organize the storage rooms.  I doubt I get most of that done since my back always hurts and I just want to sleep!   It's hard for me to even bend over.  I won't be doing much cleaning!
  • I have people telling me I look amazing and you can't tell from behind that I'm pregnant.  I also have people that tell me I'm huge and that every time they see me it's like I've put more inches around my belly.  People are weird.
  • I cannot wait to hold this precious little girl in my arms!  

No comments:

Post a Comment